This Category has no FAQ yet
Codger's Capers is a new Men's Group in Shepparton that will cater to Men of all ages (18+) who are looking for new friends, new activities to share in, get fit, get advice on health issues,would like to share and learn new skills, visit new places, play games and generally have a lot of fun together.
Men of all ages (18+) from all cultural and religious backgrounds.
An Annual Joining Fee of $10.00 and a $3.00 a week participation fee for meetings attended.
You pay your own admission fees (if you are able to) to any area of interest we visit. (or, if Funds are available, the Group will cover this cost.)
You pay for your own lunch if eaten at visited venue.
1. The Group shall promote and strengthen a good standing and reputation throughout the community by establishing socially acceptable standards of performance and behaviour of our members.
2. The Group shall be open to Men of all ages above 18 years and of all cultures and religious backgrounds.
3. The Group shall seek to foster commercial and promotional partnerships within the community to maximise the use of Group facilities and positively promote the Group.
4. The Group shall provide positive role models and a high profile throughout the community that enables the Group to increase membership through active participation.
5. The Group shall ensure that members show due regard, respect and support for those people undertaking roles that ensure efficient activities are presented and brings success to the operations of the Group.
6. The Group shall have reasonable expectations that members shall undertake and share roles within the Group to ensure the viability of the Group and that no one individual is overburdened in a role.
7. The Group shall give due recognition to members whose contributions assist in the successful operation of the Group.
8. The Group shall encourage members to respect the property and facilities of the Group and behave in such a manner as to uphold high standards of behaviour that will not compromise the integrity and dignity of the Group and to work within the guidelines of the Church of Christ Constitution.
9. The Group shall encourage and support all members to positively develop and improve their skills and to assist in areas of need so that their full potential as a significant person is achieved.
10. The Group shall work towards a profitable & positive outcome so that operations may be continued or expanded for the benefit of the members and to outreach to the general community requiring assistance.
11. The Group shall plan for the long term development of capital assets to purchase and maintain property and assets.
12. The Group shall enforce a NO Alcohol, Smoking, Drugs, Swearing policy within the confines of the Group meeting and working area.
13. All Group members will at all times adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety requirements that may apply from time to time in all areas of operation.
14. All Group Members shall be adequately instructed or trained in safe work procedures in Food Handling, Electrical, Chemical or Hazardous areas of operation as required.
15. All Group Members shall have the right to participate in any or all planned activities or refuse participation as they see fit.
16. All Group Members shall be subject to dismissal from the Group for failure to comply with these Rules and Regulations and the General Committee shall after consultation with the Member decide the final outcome for any such dismissal.
17. All Group Members shall have the right to lodge an application in writing for review against dismissal with the General Committee and the result of such review shall be binding on the Member.
At the Church of Christ Hall, 105 Corio Street Shepparton. (cnr Nixon & Corio Streets) on Tuesdays, between 10am & 3pm.
Not at this stage, so it is suggested that you bring whatever you need. Free Tea, Coffee & Biscuits will be available all day.
Group Barbeques are held Monthly and are free to Members and Visitors. Pancake, Soup and Scone Cooking Days are held on a regular basis and are also free to Members and Visitors.
Excess Vegetables from our Garden are available to Members, as are Frozen Food Packages. (if needed)
For the present you will have to make your own way there. Car pooling can be arranged with various members if you don't have your own transport.
Interact with other Men to make new friends.
Share your current skills.
Listen to advice on Men's Health issues.
Maybe learn to cook healthy meals for yourself if you cannot cook at present.
Consider joining in Community Outreach Programmes - e.g. Community Garden, Food Collection for the Shepparton Food Recovery Programme, Crafts and more as they become available.
Join the Committee of Management.
Act as a Coordintaor to various planned projects.
The Group starts on the first Tueday in February of each Year and closes for Christmas break from 2nd last week in December of each Year. Group meets between 10am to 3pm EVERY Tuesday (except Public Holidays). You can attend as you see fit. Attendance is Voluntary.
If you can't attend please phone David Baker on 0419307005 so that we know that you are OK.
Due to the ever increasing costs of Fuel, Bus Trips will require a small payment of $5 per head per trip. (Due to a generous Donation from the Shepparton RACV Shop, Bus Trips for 2016 will be free of charge, until Donation is exhausted.)
Should you choose to pay, all donations will be greatly appreciated.
Dependant on funds on hand, any admission fees will be covered by group funds. If Group funds are not available, you will be required to pay your own admission fees to any visited activities.